8 months ago
Technology Student Association
Welcome to Nelson County Middle School's Technology Student Association! Members of this club are ANY student who has or will attend a Technology Education class this year. The TSA club's purpose is to extend what we learn in the lab to longer range projects, competitions, and service.
TSA is the only student organization that focuses specifically on students enrolled in technology education. TSA includes educators, parents, students, and business leaders who believe in the need for a technologically literate society and are working hard to achieve that goal.
Virginia TSA is composed of more than 16,000 high school, middle school, and elementary school students throughout the Commonwealth.
-Fall Leadership Rallies (JMU)
-State Fair Exhibits
-Local, Regional, State, and National Competitions
-Problem Solving Activities
-Promoting Nelson Middle School
The following link is to state competitions -- State TSA contests
"Learning To Live In A Technical World".
The mission of the Technology Student Association is to prepare its membership for the challenges of a dynamic world by promoting technological literacy, leadership, and problem solving skills, resulting in personal growth and opportunities.
• I believe that Technology Education holds an important place in my life in the technical world. I believe there is a need for the development of good attitudes concerning work, tools, materials, experimentation, and processes of industry.
• Guided by my teachers, artisans from industry, and my own initiative, I will strive to do my best in making my school, community, state, and nation better places in which to live.
• I will accept the responsibilities that are mine. I will accept the theories that are supported by proper evidence. I will explore on my own for safer, more effective methods of working and living.
• I will strive to develop a cooperative attitude and will exercise tact and respect for other individuals. Through the work of my hands and mind, I will express my ideas to the best of my ability.
• I will make it my goal to do better each day the task before me, and to be steadfast in my belief in my God, and my fellow Americans.
Joining NMS TSA:
We do have dues of $15.00 per student to cover snacks and other materials that aren't compensated by the school or division. In the future, this fee will cover chapter dues. Guidance can recommend the waiver of this fee if student is of need. Applications are next to the door in the Technology Lab. Return them to Mr. Onderdonk.
We will generally meet after school from 3:30pm to 5:40pm on every Tuesday. Club members must be aware of any changes in meeting dates, duration, and pickups by noting posts in the school.
Students should plan to ride the activity bus or have someone pick them up at 5:40. We will start meeting with business, work on projects/contests, then just play!
Contact Nelson County Public Schools Transportation Department for more details on Activity busses at 434-263-5095.
Virginia's TSA state web site is http://www.vatsa.org/ . Our school district is in the Valley Region.
The National web site is http://www.tsaweb.org/ .